- Attractive base interest and enjoy up to 3X interest with Maybank Family Plus
- Exclusive privileges1 during your child's birthday month
- Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease Hospitalisation and Outpatient Insurance2
- Worldwide Personal Accident Insurance3 coverage for you and your child
(Exclusive to New Customers only)
Open a new account for your child to start your savings challenge today and receive up to S$30 POPULAR Bookstore vouchers!
Terms and Conditions apply.
Conversion of physical Birthday letter to eCoupons. Click here to find out more.
Specially selected fun packages on your birthday month!
Terms and Conditions apply.
- Children below 16 years old
- Parents (minimum 16 years old)
Documents Requirement for Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Parent’s / Legal Guardian’s NRIC
Documents Requirement for Foreigners:
- Birth Certificate
- Valid Pass (e.g. Student Pass)
Parent / Legal Guardian:
- Valid Pass (e.g. Employment Pass (EP) or S-Pass or Student Pass)
- Proof of Mailing Address (i.e. Utility/Telco bills or Bank statement from another bank in Singapore, where the name must be the same as your Passport and Employment Pass)
How to Apply
Visit any Maybank branch to open an account today!
Fees and Charges
- Minimum average daily balance for the month: Not applicable
- Please click here to view the other Bank charges applicable for our services
- Scope of coverage for complimentary insurances
- Rules and Regulations Governing Savings Account (PDF)
1 Privileges are only valid for Youngstarz Account Holders (child) below 10 years old during their respective birthday months. Other Terms and Conditions of the merchants involved in the promotions apply.
2 Eligibility for Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease (HFMD) insurance is based on maintaining a minimum deposit of S$5,000 in the Youngstarz Savings Account. Payout is based on a daily hospitalisation cash benefit of S$100, up to a maximum of 25 days per year. The maximum claim by each minor Account Holder is S$2,500 at any one hospital stay or per year. Daily cash benefit will only be paid if the minor Account Holder has been hospitalised for a minimum of 18 hours in one hospital stay. Payout will be until the minor Account Holder reaches 17 years of age. Eligibility for Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease (HFMD) Outpatient Benefit is based on maintaining a minimum deposit of S$5,000 in the Youngstarz Savings Account. The maximum claim by each minor Account Holder is S$200 per year. Payout will be until the minor Account Holder reaches 17 years of age.
3Eligibility for Personal Accident (PA) insurance is based on maintaining a minimum deposit of S$5,000 in the Youngstarz Savings Account, with lump sum payout 8 times of account balance at the time of accident or S$400,000, whichever is the lower.
Youngstarz Account will be converted to SaveUp Account when your child turns 17 years old. A letter will be sent to you 2 months before your child's 17 years old birthday.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.