1.0 POLICY STATEMENT
Maybank Singapore Limited (“MSL”) and Malayan Banking Berhad Singapore Branch (“MBS”) collectively known as “the Bank” is committed to the highest standard of ethics and integrity in its conduct of business and operations. As part of this commitment, the Bank has in place an avenue for disclosure of any improper conduct.
2.0 OBJECTIVES OF THIS POLICY
The objective of this policy is to ensure that all employees and members of the public have access to secured channels to make disclosures on any improper conduct by any member or representative of the Bank, with the assurance that there will be no repercussion against them.
Improper conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Bribery and corruption;
- Fraud, theft or embezzlement;
- Abuse of power by an employee;
- Conflict of interest;
- Breach of Maybank’s Code of Conduct;
- Failure to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Unauthorised disclosure of customer information; and
- Concealment of any of the above. Any person who is aware of, or has reasonable grounds to suspect that, any improper conduct has been committed by an employee or representative of the Bank can make a disclosure.
4.0 DISCLOSURE CHANNELS
Disclosures can be made via any of the following channels:
603-20268112 and 1-800-38-8833 with secured voice recording
Group Compliance, P.O. Box 11635, 50752 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Whistle-blowers are encouraged to include the following information in the disclosure to facilitate investigations:
- Name of person(s) involved;
- Date and time of the event;
- Nature of the event;
- Witness to the event, if any; and
- Evidence of the event, if any.
For further information on the list of toll free lines in countries where Maybank has presence, please click here
5.0 CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROTECTION OF WHISTLEBLOWER
The identity of a whistle-blower who made a disclosure in good faith will be kept confidential and will only be disclosed on a strictly need-to-know basis. Employees who whistle-blow in good faith will also be protected by the Bank from any repercussion.
6.0 WHISTLEBLOWING GOVERNANCE
The Risk Management and Compliance Management Committee ("RMCC") will provide the oversight to ensure that all disclosures made via the whistleblowing channels are accorded with adequate attention, independence, investigation and remediation action, where necessary for whistleblowing cases directed to MSL. The Singapore Management Committee ("SMC") will accord the same oversight for whistleblowing cases directed to MBS.