1. When you receive your Maybank Card
- Sign on the back of your new Card immediately. This prevents anyone who picks up the Card from signing on it and using it.
- Save our 24-hour hotline number 1800-MAYBANK (1800-629 2265) or +65 6533 5229 (overseas) in an accessible location, such as your phone. You will need it for immediate reporting of the loss or theft of your Card.
- Never keep your PIN with your Card. Do not use birthdays, telephone numbers or NRIC numbers as your PIN as these numbers are what thieves will try first.
2. When you use your Maybank Card
- Treat your Card like cash. Never leave it unattended, and check often to make sure that it is safely kept.
- Whenever possible, do not let your Card out of your sight while making payment.
- After making purchases, always check that the correct Card has been returned to you.
- Always return your Card to its place in your wallet or cardholder. Do not leave it on the table, in your pocket or shopping bag.
- Retain all transaction receipts.
- Never give your Card number over the phone unless you are dealing with a reputable company, or if you have initiated the call yourself.
3. When you receive your monthly Credit Card statement
- Always check that the charges listed in the statement have been authorised by you, especially after an overseas trip. You may wish to confirm these against the transaction receipts.
- Report any unknown transactions or errors to us immediately.
- Tear up all physical copies of your statement and transaction receipts before throwing them away. This prevents others from possessing your account information.
- If you do not receive your statement on time, contact us immediately.
- Report a lost or stolen card to us immediately: 1800-MAYBANK (1800-629 2265) or +65 6533 5229 (overseas). Most fraudulent use of missing cards occurs within the first few days.
4. Other things to know
- If there's a change in your mailing address, do notify us immediately. You will not want the bank's correspondence and your personal information to be accessed by tenants at your previous address.
- Do not lend your Card to anyone, including your relatives or friends.
- Never disclose your PIN to anyone, not even to the police or the Bank.